OHSAS 18001:2007 – Providing a Safer Workplace
Risk control is now a vital part of all business, not simply those involved with heavy manufacturing and industry.
OHSAS 18001:2007 is a UK based standard that allows your business to place a proactive and preventative emphasis on risk control, through the instigation of a thorough process of identification and assessment of hazards within the workplace.
MMC Consulting provide a full management service that works with your business or organisation to meet the signposted goals of the certification process.
As experts in this field we are able to carefully guide you through the most difficult changes whilst delivering proven techniques.
Whilst all business should be working to ensure the health and safety of their workforce, OHSAS 18001:2007 has the following benefits:
- Reduction in the risk of accidents – create a safer workplace for you and your employees. Good working conditions demonstrate a commitment to your staff’s well-being, improving morale and relations.
- Demonstration of essential legal compliance – it is necessary under UK law to show that you have performed all relevant risk assessments and put health and safety measure into practice. Failure to do so can result in heavy fines.
- Exposure to an increased customer base – many larger companies and corporations now require suppliers to offer clear indications of their suitability from a risk-assessment standpoint. This improves your chances of winning tenders.
- Lower insurance premiums and costs – by proving that you have taken necessary preventative action within your workplace, insurers will understand that the risks of injury and damage are significantly less.
- Effective management of safety risks – this standard provides a system of implementing new safety measures in line with future developments saving you resource on undergoing new assessment and consultation.
To find out how MMC Consulting can successfully implement OHSAS 18001:2007 in your business please call on 01508 470 823.